CFC provides health and fitness in a supportive community environment. Every member has access to professional coaching during each visit.
CrossFit Callisto is a community dedicated to helping members achieve their fitness goals. We work with members from various abilities and age groups. We program workouts based on:
- Functional movements: Movements that mimic those utilized in everyday life; .i.e. Squatting, Pressing, Pushing, Pulling, Jumping, Running, and Throwing.
- Constantly Varied: Our workouts are not the same day-to-day or week-to-week; however, our workouts are not random. Each programmed WOD (Workout of the day) has a purpose and will aid you in meeting your fitness goals.
- High Intensity: Intensity is a product of how hard you are working to complete the WOD. Through our effective coaching and programming, we ensure that you learn what intensity means and how to apply it to a WOD. We coach athletes to progress accordingly through learning, first, movement mechanics → second, consistency of movement → finally, intensity.
We are confident we can help you achieve your fitness goals and would love to have you be a part of our community.
10 Components of Fitness We Train:
- Cardiovascular/respiratory endurance – The ability of body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
- Stamina – The ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy.
- Strength – The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply force.
- Flexibility – The ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint.
- Power – The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time.
- Speed – The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
- Coordination – The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
- Agility – The ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
- Balance – The ability to control the placement of the body’s center of gravity in relation to its support base.
- Accuracy – The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.
Our coaching focuses on a pyramid approach:
- Nutrition: We teach you how to correctly fuel your body for both CrossFit and Life. Nutrition is the Foundation of our entire approach……without appropriate nutrition the rest of the pyramid will fail. Your nutrition lays the molecular foundation for fitness and health.
- Metabolic Conditioning (METCON): Builds capacity in each of the three metabolic pathways, beginning with aerobic, then lactic acid, and then phosphocreatine pathways.
- Gymnastics: Establishes functional capacity for body control and range of motion.
- Weightlifting and Throwing: Develops your ability to control external objects and produce power.
- Sport: Applies fitness in a healthy competitive atmosphere with more randomized movements and skill mastery.